Jonathan van Bilsen
Jonathan has spent most of his adult life travelling, photographing and writing about wonderful locations around the world. He has had the privilege of visiting 107 countries, written 14 books, countless articles and has photographed some of the most exotic locales on our planet.
For the past four years Jonathan has been the host of photosNtravel, a television show, which takes viewers to different settings around the world, each of which he has personally visited.
Jonathan is also the host of The Jonathan van Bilsen Show, now in season four. In this half hour program, he interviews compelling guests from our community and the surrounding area.
He currently writes a weekly column and 2 monthly features for magazines and newspapers, taking readers all over the world and sharing his adventures and sometimes calamities in many different lands.
Jonathan’s sense of humour and storytelling ability makes him an excellent speaker at events and meetings. He has spoken to groups as large as 1,500 and as small as 20 in faraway places like Hawaii and Paris, as well as close to home.
Consider Jonathan van Bilsen as a guest speaker or master of ceremonies at your group or club’s next event. His adventures, packed with award-winning photographs will open a new window to the world.
• Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal
• Nominated for 'Entrepreneur of the Year' Award
• Prestigious Patron of the Arts Award, ‘Best’ Photography Studio in North Durham (14 years in a row).
• Ontario Heritage award.
• Elected to the Mayor’s Honour Roll.
• Honoured by Canada’s Minister of Veterans Affairs and leader of the official opposition.
• Recipient of International Travel News '100+ Nations' award.
• Received the esteemed 'Visited all of Europe' award.
• member of the 'Phileas Fogg' award (in recognition of travelling to the same nations as the character in the Jules Verne novel 'Around the World in 80 Days'.
• The 'Travelled to Six Continents' award.
• Recipient of the admired 'Shellback' award celebrating the crossing of the equator, the international dateline and the zero meridian.
• recipient of the ' All Provinces and Territories' award for Canada
Jonathan van Bilsen: 905.925.1343, info@photosNtravel.com
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page”